Sometimes your internal clock is completely screwed up. There are a million reasons why. Everyone has their own.
Regardless of how you got here, you're here. Now here are a couple things you can do to to help your body relax and fall asleep faster. Here are four techniques to put and end to your sleeplessness.
1. Muscle Relaxation - If you’ve ever taken a yoga class you might be familiar with this. While lying in your bed, flex the muscles in your toes… then relax them. Next your calves, then your thighs, and so on to the top of your head. This should create a sense of calm and relaxation by the time you’re done… perfect for falling asleep.
2. Aroma Therapy - Certain scents have been shown to have a calming effect on the body. Lavender is a good scent to test out first, but go with whatever scent helps you relax and fall asleep.
3. Focus on Your Breathing - Try taking slow deep breaths. Focus on the air running through your nose. It should calm your body down and put you in the right frame of mind for sleep.
4. Visualize Something Peaceful - The wise Adam Sandler said in Happy Gilmore, "Find a happy place." Focus on something that is very calming to you… a setting, a certain memory. Focus on the details and wait for any anxiety to melt away.
5. Use a Supplement - Kickstart your clock with a supplement. Some people can't sleep because their bodies aren't getting/producing what they need to sleep. A sleep supplement may fill in the gaps. Something like Sleepyhead is contains a handful of natural sleep supplements, mainly melatonin, GABA, valerian root, calcium and magnesium.
Couple these suggestions with a warm sleepyhead and you'll squash those pesky thoughts and get to sleep.
10 Powdered Packets (16g each). Dutch Chocolate, Caramel Toffee or Variety Pack flavors.
Nuts & Bolts:
- Fall asleep faster, sleep deeper and wake up refreshed
- Mix 1 packet with 5 oz (2/3 cup) hot milk or water
- Drink 10-15 min before bed
- Adjust the amount of liquid to make Sleepyhead more or less sweet
Our Sleepy Ingredients:
- Melatonin - Natural sleep trigger in the brain
- Valerian Root - Ancient herb for promoting sleep
- GABA - Neutralizes stress signals between nerve cells
- Calcium & Magnesium Citrate - Necessary minerals for your nervous system
Narrative From the President:
True Story: I knew we were onto something when airport security prodded me awake.
"Excuse me sir, but your're about to miss your flight."
My wire Julie and I were newly married and on our way to our honeymoon in Mexico. We slurped a Sleepyhead on our way through security, so we could sleep on the plane.
But it kicked in too early...
There, slumped against a pillar right next to our gate, in the middle of the afternoon, amidst our excitement, in a bustling airport, we completely zonked.
We made our flight by seconds. We the whole way to Mexico and woke up feeling like a million bucks.
I love Sleepyhead because I'm a lousy sleeper. I use Sleepyhead because I hate wasting time trying to fall asleep. In fact, I drink Sleepyhead so much I'm worried we'll never be profitable because I keep breaking into our inventory and drinking our stash.
I buy what I'm selling. I love Sleepyhead because I use it first-hand. And I think you'll love it too.
- Chuck Hamman, President & Co-Founder